Thursday, May 7, 2015

 May 4, 2015
Me and Huish, 2 Arizonan nerds

Yeah, it's been another 6 weeks. I can hardly believe it. I am not new anymore. My training is up.  So we got calls this morning to let us know what is happening tomorrow. So, here it is... Drumroll please....

Elder Guevara is leaving, and I am staying here.  (!!!!!)

Yeah, I'm getting my second companion tomorrow. He will probably speak only Spanish. So there are a couple things that could happen.

Facts of the transfer:
  · One person from every companionship is leaving in the whole district, including the District leader, Elder Huish.

  · Some people are going to the zone "Huaraz" which means that when the mission splits later this year, they will no longer be in this mission.

  · I have been "trained"

So, with that said, I am very exited to find out who will be going where, who the new DL will be, and especially, who my new companion will be. Because there are three things that could happen.

  · I will be a junior companion, which is most likely.
  · I will be Senior Companion, which is not very likely
  · I will be training, which is most likely NOT to happen, but still is possible.


Anyways, with that out of the way, this week was AWESOME.

So, I am ready to go day by day this week.


Lunes: Intercambios (also called work visits).  I was with Elder Huish in his area. It was pretty good, and I had this decent conversation with a ward member in Spanish. It wasn't about anything in particular, but (I was talking (!).  So yeah. That night, he got a call from my companion saying that they got 6 new investigators. On the first day of the week. Wow.

Martes: Nothing much. Elder Huish and I did some contacting with a ball. We took it around and asked if the ball was theirs. Then we asked where any families that could own it lived. It is super smart and I am gonna start using that as a 10 way.  We also set 3 fechas for his area. It was a good lesson, but it lasted a little bit longer than we had anticipated, and we were rushed to switch back at 6 to our own areas. Then it was really uneventful.

Miercoles:  District meeting. It was good. We had a lesson with the news that Elder Guevara found on Monday. Lesson 1, and then we were going to verify if they were married. As we were about to begin, another family of 4 who we hadn't met before came in, and sat down. we shared lesson 1, and asked if they were married. The original family wasn't, but the other one was!!! We got 4 more news, and even were able to get them to commit to a fecha bautismal!!!!!! The convivientes, we urged to get married, and told them that they have to to be baptized. But the best paret was Sunday. I wasn't sure if they were going to go to Church or not. I was praying very hard that they would show up, and ALL of them came. 10 people, 8 of baptismal age, went to church. It was only 4 InSac, but it was immidiately after my prayer. It was AWESOME. (This is copied from my message to president)


Jueves:  Pretty uneventful.... Sorry... Nothing to report.

Viernes: We got our monthly money. Then it was another uneventful day. (Meaning lots of contacting, and nothing happened.)

Sábado: Well today was Sarah's 18th birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Yeah. Other than that, wasn't much. We set another fecha for a single mom and her daughter. Fast Sunday, and we need InSac (Investigators in Sacrament meeting)

Domingo: Fast Sunday. We had a lesson with Familia Morales, and then did daily contact (which we had been doing, but i forgot to mention it) with our fechas. At church, We had our 4 InSac, as you read, and then we did some more contacting, ending the week with 16 new investigators. A perfect week.

Lunes: I made salsa today. Mom's salsa (more or less) There are not the peppers we need, and I didn't use enough tomatoes, but it was still good. We found out about transfers and yeah. Now it's now.

Entonces, esa fue mi semana. Muy muy buena. Le agradezco al Señor por ella.  Fue maravillosa. Entonces, con este cambio pasando mañana, tengo poco miedo. No estoy seguro como bien voy a ser con mi nuevo compañero. Pero también estoy emocionado.  Va a ser bien, sí o sí. Sólo les pido a ustedes por sus oraciones. Por favor, háganlos. Necesito mucho. No puedo esperar por domingo.  Es casi imposible a creer que tengo sólo 19 meses más en la misión. Sí, yo sé que todavía es mucho, pero significa que ha sido cuatro.  ¡Increíble!  Pero, sí. Ya ha sido tres cambios. Sólo tengo catorce más. Me acuerdo cuando Día de la Madre fue cuatro meses en el futuro. Tiempo es más rápido cada día. Bueno, tengo que acabar. Haha. ¡Tengan una semana perfecta!  ¡Hasta Lunes!
Translation from the internet: 
(So that was my week. Very very good . I thank the Lord for it. It was wonderful . So, with this change happening tomorrow , I have little fear . I'm not sure how well I'll be with my new partner. But I'm also excited. It will be good, or yes . Only I ask you for your prayers . Please Make them . I need much. I can not wait for Sunday. It is almost impossible to believe that I have only 19 months in the mission. Yes, I know it's still much , but it means that it has been four . Incredible ! But yes. It has already been three changes . I have only fourteen . I remember when Mother's Day was four months in the future. Time is faster each day. Well, I have to stop. Haha . Have a perfect week ! Until Monday!)
Con amor,
Elder Riley Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment