Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 7, 2015
Hey!!!! Sorry I haven`t written... P-Day is On Wednesday, and I was only allowed to take 2 min to tell Mom that I am living. Peru is incredible, but always humid. It is summer here, so it is VERY hot in my suits, but when in my short sleeves, it is fine. I cried on Sunday about home. Mostly, though, the thought of you just makes me happy. I am so glad to be here, even though it is hard. I got to the CCM (MTC) at 3:30am Wednesday morning, as was only allowed to sleep until 7. Today, I got up at 5:30 to go to the temple. I took pictures, but forgot my camera in my dorm, across campus. I already taught my first lesson!! It sucked... Choppy Spanish is not kool. I will show you all my pictures next week. You can SEE the humidity here, it is almost misty. The temple is incredible. I had to wear a translation box thing with headphones. :) I am going to Interpol (the same one on dvd copyrught warnings) tomorrow for my peruvian id. Gosh, so much to tell. I miss my entire family. ESPECIALLY my brothers. I talk about my family TODO EL TIEMPO. Sodas only come in 3L here, and a 4 pack of 3L costs S/.10 (Soles) about $3 in America. Yesterday, a 70 Member came and spoke in spanish. We had the option of a translator talking to us, but I wanted to listen in Spanish, and I ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD IT!!!!!!! Can`t speak it yet, but I can understand. I rode a bus today. It is soo much fun. I wish you were here, it is so awesome. Drivers are crazy. Road laws are more of guidelines here, and i feel like I am going to crash constantly. I would not be able to drive here without dying. On Thursday, a new Elder came late. Elder Mortensen is one of my TWO companions. I am in one of the two trio companionships in the whole CCM, the other one being the 3 hermanas in my district (classroom of arrivals). There are 11 of us in our district. 7 Elders and 3 Hermanas. 5 of us are in room 204.Elders Uta`i and Cluff are the other companionship in our room. Elder Uta`i is the best. Whenever I was down, he would have a cripture and a testimony of the work to share with me. And, being an only recently active, his words are filled with power. When I start getting the language, it will be so much less stressful. I have 5 weeks to learn it and can`t wait to get to the field. I love you guys. Have a great week,
-Elder Olsen
P.S. Here in the CCM, we have an hour to email on P-Day, so take your time with your emails for the next 5 weeks. :)
P.P.S. My other companion is Elder Watkins, from Round Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment